A core group of concerned residents including our elected Trustee Trixie Doyle met over a conference line this Tuesday pasted to discuss how best to assist our neighbors who could be vulnerable and may need some assistance.
For those at high risk of falling seriously ill these are very scary times; there are folks out there in Don Valley East who really need some help doing errands, dropping off supplies or just providing some re-assurance.
At this meeting It was agreed that one of the main obstacles faced is being able to identify those who need help; There are folks out there who do not use social media or email and are not aware of how to get help.
Suggestions raised to identified those who need assistance were as follows:
1. Ask that our local governments – Federal, Provincial and Municipal – to work together and help identify those who need help with volunteers who can provide that help.
2. Local governments fund a mail-out to the WARD letting folks know there is help available and volunteers ready are to provide some assistance.
3. Start a Neighborhood Pod system.
4. Post flyers around the neighborhoods
1. Second meeting to be scheduled for Tuesday April 7th, all are welcome to join, please lend your support
Conference call details:Time / Date: Tuesday Apr 7th arch 31st @ 8:00 PM P: 416-212-8011 Code: 1466624
note: this summary as per all communications are copied to all local politicians in Don Valley East