Meeting Summary From Last Week – April 28th
On April 28th residents of Don Valley East and our elected Trustee met up to discuss their concerns regarding this crisis and the impact its’ having on the most vulnerable; key topics discussed points were as follows:
Topic 1 – School Update
– a decision on the rest of the school year has not been made yet
– music, drama, and phys ed are happening in some schools, but it is not consistent across the Board.
– its expected that school will not continue throughout the summer, although extended summer school programs will be available.
– We are unsure if the different areas of the Province will follow different opening plans that align with their individual situations
– home / online learning has been extremely challenging for many, especially younger aged students
– registration for the next school year will be open as usual, online and currently on going
Topic 2 – Seniors assistance accessing essential services (mail-out / neighbourhood posting)
– a mail-out to inform vulnerable residents probably could not be supported financially by the ward at this point in time unless there is greater support from the community via reaching out to their elected representatives.
– It was agreed that our team would reach out to meet with local grocery store manages & owners to: (1) find out how things are going as per accommodating seniors & vulnerable residents in the ward (2) find out how we can – collectively – make things work better, how the community, elected officials and local stores can do a better job of assisting the vulnerable.
Please feel free review / comment here:
or send us an email.